Request Cosponsorship or Space
Cosponsorship of UC Berkeley Events
The Center for Middle Eastern Studies at UC Berkeley welcomes opportunities to cosponsor Middle East Studies-related activities on campus, and academically-oriented events in the Bay Area. The CMES does not sponsor activities of a purely religious nature.
There are multiple types of cosponsorships available (detailed below). Please check the type of request which best fits your needs in the Cosponsorship Request Form.
Applicants will receive a response soon after review of the request, its relevance to the mission and goals of the CMES, and budget allocations.
- Right to use CMES name & logo
- CMES publicizes event on website, Facebook page, newsletter, and email lists
- Requests limited to publicizing assistance are due 2 weeks before event
- Average cosponsorship amount for on-campus events: $200
- For best chance of receiving funding, requests for activities for the next academic year should be submitted by April 1
- All other requests will be considered on a rolling basis, budget permitting
- Plan and implement your event with the help of CMES staff
- Requests for the next academic year should be submitted by April 1
Use of Conference Room
- The Sultan Conference Room can seat up to 50 attendees for a lecture, 65 for a reception
- Additional policies and fees listed below
- Requests are accepted on a rolling basis
Please fill out our online form to submit your cosponsorship request.
Use of the Sultan Conference Room (340 Stephens Hall)
The CMES Sultan Conference Room may be requested by University of California groups for Middle East-related events such as lectures, research workshops, exhibits, and film screenings. The Center is not a complete conference facility and is unable to accommodate large-scale full-day or multi-day events.
The room can be set up in lecture (50), panel (50), seminar (25), or reception style (65).
Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 5pm. After-hours events are approved on a case by case basis and will include a surcharge.
4 Hours: $300
5-8 Hours: $450
After 5 pm surcharge: $100
Fees may be paid via chartstring or check.
Audiovisual equipment includes projector and screen, DVD/Bluray player, wireless microphones (2), and sound system.
You must provide your own laptop and any necessary adaptors to connect to the projector.
Rentals: Any additional furniture, such as linens or a standing podium, must be coordinated separately with a campus-approved vendor.
Technical Assistance: A CMES-affiliated student will handle operation of the projector and microphones. Technical support such as video, audiotaping, or live streaming must be coordinated with a campus-approved vendor.
Damages: You are responsible for any damage to equipment, building, and furnishings incurred during the event.